The Police and Crime Commissioner and the Deputy Police and Crime Commissioner (when employed) are entitled to allowances and expenses in respect of travel, subsistence and other exceptional expenses.
The amounts claimable are determined are as follows:
|Type of Expense||Key Restriction||Rates|
|Train||In course of business||Reimbursed up to standard class rates|
|Mileage allowances||Only if necessary||As per HMRC rates|
|Taxis||Only where public transport not available||Cost of taxi|
|Foreign travel||Prior authority from Chief Executive and for business purposes||Economy class for flights|
|Hotel accommodation||Business purposes and agreed in advance. Value for money and best use of public funds – lower priced suitable accommodation.||No explicit limitation on star standard of hotel accommodation.|
|Subsistence (UK and Foreign)||Only paid for evening meals and, where applicable, breakfast (not lunch)||Breakfast – £10 Dinner – £30|
|Exceptional expenses not falling within any of the other types||Reasonable incurred in carrying out business of the Commissioner||As approved by the Chief Executive|
The purpose of authorised allowances is to reimburse expenses incurred by Police and Crime Commissioners in carrying out their duties, not to provide a general gratuity for undertaking the role. Commissioners are paid a salary determined by the Secretary of State on the advice of the Senior Salaries Review Board.
Claims for subsistence must be submitted on an expenses claim form or online portal approved by the Chief Executive and details are published as part of the registers below. Registers are updated quarterly.
Philip Seccombe – Police and Crime Commissioner
- Philip Seccombe Expenses 1st January 2021-31st March 2021
- Philip Seccombe Expenses 1st April 2021-30th June 2021
- Philip Seccombe Expenses 1 July 2021 to 30 September 2021
- Philip Seccombe Expenses 1 October 2021 to 31 December 2021
Deputy Police and Crime Commissioner (started 8 May 2022)
Polly Reed – Chief Executive and Monitoring Officer (started 1st January 2021)
- Polly Reed Expenses 2022
- No Expenses Submitted 1st January 2021 – 31st March 2021
- Polly Reed: Expenses 1 April 2021 to 30 June 2021
- No Expenses Submitted 1st July 2021 – 30 September 2021
- Polly Reed: Quarterly Expenses 1st October 2021 to 31 December 2021
Sara Ansell – Chief Finance Officer
- Sara Ansell: Expenses 1st January 2021-31st March 2021
- Sara Ansell Expenses 1st April 2021-30th June 2021
Expenses claims for Chief Constable are published by Warwickshire Police.
Expenses for the period 2016-2020 can be found here.