Skip to content
Text size: A A A
Open Menu

Anti-social behaviour case review

The anti-social behaviour case review (previously called the Community Trigger) is a power available under the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014.

It gives victims and communities a greater say in the way anti-social behaviour is dealt with by giving them the ability to request a review of their case if they feel that insufficient action has been taken to resolve the matter.

Anyone who has been the victim of anti-social behaviour can apply.  Or another person acting on behalf of the victim with his or her consent can apply. The victim may be an individual, a business or a community group.

The aim of the review is to see whether anything else can be done and possibly find solutions that may not have been considered before.

Anti-social Behaviour Case Review Threshold

To meet the threshold for a case review the victim must have made at least three qualifying complaints in the previous six month period relating to the same problem.  The threshold relates to the incidents reported not whether the agency responded.

A complaint is qualifying if it is made within the period of one month from the date on which the behaviour is alleged to have occurred.

A case review may be undertaken when fewer than three qualifying complaints have been made.  In considering whether the threshold is met in such cases regard shall be had to the persistence of the anti social behaviour, the harm or potential harm caused by the anti social behaviour and the adequacy of the response to the anti social behaviour.

Who undertakes an Anti-social Behaviour Case Review?

The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner does not administer the case review process.  In Warwickshire each district and borough council will lead the case review process although other relevant agencies will be involved such as the police, the local housing provider and if appropriate a health service representative.  The agencies will prepare information for the case review which should include the involvement they have had with the victim and the case.

Use the links below to find out more.

What if I'm not satisfied?

In Warwickshire any resident who is dissatisfied with the way in which the case review was carried out or with the decision on whether the threshold has the right to appeal.

Appeals should be made to the Office of the Police & Crime Commissioner in writing via e-mail or letter.

The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner is currently reviewing the appeals process.  Following the review a revised process will appear on this page.

If you would like to find out more about anti social behaviour case review appeals please contact