Notice of the Commencement of the Period for the Exercise of Public Rights
The Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014
Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2015 Part 5 Sections 14 and 15
The period for the exercise of public rights commences at 9.00 am on 1 June 2018 and will conclude at 5pm on 12 July 2018.
The following documents will be made available:
- Statement of Accounts for the PCC, Chief Constable and Group
- The Annual Governance Statement
- The Narrative Report
The PCC, Chief Constable and Group Statements of Accounts are subject to audit and may therefore change during the public inspection period. The external auditors are Grant Thornton UK LLP, 2 Glass Wharf, Bristol, BS2 0EL (Engagement Lead, Alex Walling: Telephone 0117 305 7600).
- From 9.00am on 1 June 2018 to 5pm on 12 July 2018 inclusive any person may inspect the accounting records of the PCC, Chief Constable and Group for the financial year to 31 March 2018, and certain related documents (comprising books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts) at the address given below. They may also make copies of the accounts and documents.
- From 9.00am on 1 June 2018 to 5pm on 12 July 2018 inclusive at the request of a local government elector, the local auditor must give the elector, or any representative of the elector, an opportunity to question the auditor about the accounting records of the PCC, Chief Constable and Group.
- From 9.00am on 1 June 2018 to 5pm on 12 July 2018 inclusive a local government elector for the area of Warwickshire Police or his/her representative may object to the PCC, Chief Constable and/or Group accounts asking that the auditor issue a report in the public interest or apply for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful under section 28 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014. Written notice of the proposed objection and the grounds on which it will be made must be sent to the auditor at the address given above and also copied to the PCC and Chief Constable at the address given below.
- A guide to your rights can be found at https://www.nao.org.uk/code-audit-practice/wp-content/uploads/sites/29/2015/12/Council-accounts-a-guide-to-your-rights.pdf.
Treasurer of the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner,
3 Northgate Street,
Acting Chief Finance
- Warwickshire Statement of Accounts 2017/18 for the Police and Crime Commissioner + Annual Governance Statement 2017/18
- Warwickshire Statement of Accounts 2017/18 for the Chief Constable + Annual Governance Statement 2017/18
These are accompanied by: Notice of Audit 2017/18