In this section we publish information relating to strategy and performance, plans, assessments, inspections and reviews.
Police and Crime Plan
The Police and Crime Plan is a living document and is reviewed and refreshed periodically to ensure it continues to accurately reflect local and national priorities.
The PCC is required to present an Annual Report for each financial year to the Police and Crime Panel.
Inspections by outside bodies
Results/reports of inspections by external bodies
- Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire & Rescue Services – including the PCC response to reports about Warwickshire Police
- Annual Audit letter
Statistical information provided to the PCC
A performance summary is produced for the Commissioner by Warwickshire Police on a quarterly basis. This is also supplied to the Police and Crime Panel.
There are also a number of publically availably sources of data and information about policing, crime, community safety and criminal justice that you may be interested in, including:
- Police.uk for neighbourhood level crime maps, police performance and information and advice
- Office for National Statistics (ONS) – for statistics relating to crime, criminal justice, offenders and the police
- Crime Survey for England & Wales – measuring the extent of crime in England and Wales by asking people whether they have experienced any crime in the past year
- Ethnicity Facts and Figures – published by the Cabinet Office
- Home Office – statistics on hate crime, racist incidents, crime detection and crime against businesses
- Ministry of Justice – statistics relating to the operation of the criminal and civil justice systems
- Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire and Rescue Services (HMICFRS) – independent policing inspectorate
Information on the performance of the OPCC
The Commissioner is directly elected every four years by the public.
The Police and Crime Panel has been established to examine the actions and decisions of the Commissioner and to make information available to the public so that they in turn can hold the Commissioner to account.
Complaints and conduct issues
Details of the number of complaints and conduct issues brought to the attention of the Police and Crime Panel (where applicable) during the previous financial year.
|Year||Number of complaints||Who complaint is about||Number referred to Police and Crime Panel||Outcome|
|2018/19||1||Police and Crime Commissioner||1||Not substantiated|
|2018/19||0||Other OPCC Staff||Not applicable||Not applicable|