FOI Request regarding: Precept consultation communications 2016-2021
Request received: 26/01/2021
Q1. Please provide the text for your office’s budget consultations in the following years:
Answer: I have interpreted your question to mean both the narrative accompanying the online survey and the questions from the survey itself. In earlier consultations the narrative was provided via the launch media release, while in later consultations there was accompanying text within the online survey itself. Copies of the questions sets are no longer held for the earlier surveys but have been deduced from summary reports of the survey results. We have included copies of the paper version of surveys in later years as appropriate.
Please note also that the budget for 2016/17 was set during PCC Ron Ball’s term of office. All subsequent budgets were set during PCC Seccombe’s term of office.
Please see the following attachments for each year of your request:
- 2016/17: WA1113 Attachment 1 – 2016-17 Consultation text
- 2017/18: WA1113 Attachment 2 – 2017-18 Consultation text and WA1113 Attachment A Council Tax and Police Precept FAQs and WA1113 Attachment B Funding Policing in Warwickshire 2017-18 Precept Summary
- 2018/19: WA1113 Attachment 3 – 2018-19 Consultation text and WA1113 Attachment C Precept Consultation 2018-19 FAQs and WA1113 Attachment D Police Precept Consultation 2018-19 Guide
- 2019/20: WA1113 Attachment 4 – 2019-20 Consultation text
- 2020/21: WA1113 Attachment 5 – 2020-21 Consultation text
- 2021/22: WA1113 Attachment 6a – 2021-22 Consultation text and WA1113 Attachment 6b – 2021-22 Consultation text (Two-part survey)
Q2. The summary infographic of ‘what the budget will deliver’ or similar, used when the policing precept budget was agreed, from the following years:
- 2016/17: None produced
- 2017/18: None produced
- 2018/19: None produced
- 2019/20: WA1113 Attachment 7: Budget Infographic 2019-20.png
- 2020/21: WA1113 Attachment 8: Budget Infographic 2020-21.png
- 2021/22: WA1113 Attachment 9: Budget Infographic 2021-22.png
3. How many people completed the formal budget precept survey (not including the pre-budget survey) in the following years:
Answer: Many of the questions in the online surveys are not mandatory, so there can be differing views as to the numbers of ‘completed’ surveys. I have taken your question as to mean the total number of people who have attempted each of the surveys, whether or not they completed all of the questions within it. A full summary report on the budget consultations has been produced each year from 2017/18 onwards and is published on the OPCC website. A link to the relevant year’s report is provided for completeness and may provide further detail as required.
Please note that in all years the online elements of the survey are supplemented by other forms of consultation, including face-to-face meetings, paper-based surveying and online focus groups of key individuals and community networks, so the numbers below are not considered to be fully representative of the numbers consulted.
- 2016/17: 1,013
- 2017/18: 447 (See also: https://www.warwickshire-pcc.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Budget-Consultation-2017-18-Summary.pdf)
- 2018/19: 1,501 (See also: https://www.warwickshire-pcc.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Precept-Consultation-2018-19-Report-Public.pdf)
- 2019/20: 2,693 (see also: https://www.warwickshire-pcc.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Precept-Consultation-2019-20-Report.pdf)
- 2020/21: 1,978 (see also: https://www.warwickshire-pcc.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Precept-Consultation-2020-21-Report.pdf)
- 2021/22: 1,588 for part one and a further 174 responses for part two (see also: https://www.warwickshire-pcc.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Budget-Consultation-2021-22-Report-FINAL.pdf)