- This event has passed.
Warwickshire Road Safety Partnership Remembers
November 20 @ 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Warwickshire Road Safety Partnership is inviting the public to a memorial service to ‘Remember the lives lost and injured on Warwickshire’s roads’ at St Mary’s Church, Warwick, between 2.30pm and 4.30pm on Sunday 20 November 2022 – the World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims (#WDoR2022). The service will also be live streamed on Facebook (please search @stmaryswarwick on Facebook).
The church will open from 2.30pm to provide the opportunity for anyone who would like to light a candle and take some time for silent reflection.
Open to all faiths, the service, led by Canon Peter Holliday, will start promptly at 3pm and last no longer than one hour.
The service will include:
- Introduction of the World Day of Remembrance led by Canon Peter Holliday
- Songs and Hymns
- A reading from the Chair of the Warwickshire Road Safety Partnership Philip Seccombe
- A minute’s silence led by Canon Peter Holliday
- Senior Family Liaison Officer Karen Powell speaking on behalf of victims
- Police force Chaplain Matthew Hopley speaking on behalf of the emergency services
- Closing remarks from Canon Peter Holliday
All those who are able to attend are welcome. However, if you are unable to attend the service in person but would like to remember someone on the #WDOR2022 a Remembrance Service ‘toolkit’ is available on our website (https://warksroadsafety.org/warwickshireremembers/) with information and readings you can choose from to create your own service of remembrance at a time and place that suits you. The toolkit also includes text and images that could be used in a newsletter and to share on social media.